Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome to the Family

Yesterday, while Benjamin, Peter and I were doing this:
Paul was looking at a whole lot of this:
and feeling very grateful he got home safely in this:

My sister and her family just got transferred to Scotland, so we bought their Honda Odyssey from them for a great deal. Paul was nice enough to fly down to Houston and drive what was supposed to be a 13 hour trip back home. It turned out to be more like a 17 1/2 hour trip when he got stuck in Arkansas, inching through ice along with hundreds of semi's. I was very relieved when he finally came in around 3:30 a.m.!

We're all thrilled with this new addition, but perhaps not as fervently as Benjamin. As we were taking our first drive together in it as a family this afternoon, he said, "I love this car SO so SO so SO much!" Little boys and cars...He also informed me this morning that the baby has permission to be born now since we have enough room for three boys. Good to know.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, the minivan. I used to sneer, scoff, make fun...how very wrong I was. I take back every bad thing I ever said about minivans. I love my Sienna with an unhealthy devotion. Hope you like yours, too!

merathon said...

so glad he made it there safely. the ice is scary-- which is why we had church canceled yesterday and school canceled today!

Momo Cannon said...

Many prayers were said for Paul and a safe journey through very hazardous conditions. I feel you were all blessed. Congratulations on the minivan - a perfect family car! Very glad that you can have that baby now! Love, Momo

alexandra said...

Sarah, you are too sweet (re what you wrote on my blog)! I am very jealous of your minivan. The boys are both insisting already that we need one. And they are so right.

Sarah said...

Welcome to the minivan club! They are the best. Seriously, having had one now, I can never go back!