Sunday, January 03, 2010

Twenty Ten

Another year, another decade. I have to say, I'm glad that the years seem to be getting shorter the older I get. I think back to the year 2000, which started at an awkward Oakton Stake Dance New Year's Party. I was 16, still in braces, and dying to be done with high school. Perhaps it's because I love where I'm at right now that time seems to fly by. Or maybe because it's because one year is a continuously smaller fraction of my ever increasing life span. Either way, I'm glad it's 2010. And for your enjoyment I thought I'd show you a graph my nerdy husband made that shows how much one year is "worth" compared to your age. It's obvious that when you're 2 one year is half of your life and consequently seems like an eternity. But it's surprising to see that after about age 20 a year just isn't what it used to be.
Benjamin is now a Sunbeam! He certainly had no regrets leaving Nursery behind. He's also excited to be starting PRESCHOOL on Tuesday. That's right. I've gone back on all my philosophies on parenting, yada, yada. Not really. It's just time. That and we're getting a MINIVAN (i.e. second car) at the end of the month, which will make preschool a lot easier on all of us (since I'll never have to drive Paul to work again when we need the car). We're pretty excited about that! Here, here to a new year!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Life does seem to go a lot faster these days. Hard to believe we were 16 just 10 years ago...feels like a lot more!

Emma also LOVED primary, which I am glad about.

Enjoy your minivan! That is so exciting!

Liz said...

You will LOVE the minivan. You will rescind every bad thing you ever said about them. Believe me.

Time does go so quickly! Crazy.

merathon said...

so you're joining us in the ranks of minivan-owners, huh? i always said i never would, but it definitely has been a good thing. but why will having a minivan make preschool easier?

McKenna said...

I love your, "How Time Flies" chart. I agree. I feel like the days, months, and even the years are passing at a quick pace. Hope you guys have a reat 2010!

Melanie said...

New cars are awesome!

Momo Cannon said...

Happy New Year! I am sure that Benjamin will love preschool and give you a little break with Peter as well. Any possibility of a nap?
Take care of yourself!

The Dahle Family said...

Yeah, I'm not really a preschool mom. It hasn't been and still isn't really part of my philosophy. But somehow, both of my kids are currently in "preschool." They're not "real" preschools, just at friends homes, but as we got back to preschool today after our Christmas break, I was wondering why both of my kids go to preschool when I yada yada about the preschool philosophy, too. Hmmm.

Henry Parents said...

All the cool kids drive minivans. Welcome to the club! Oh, and I must say, preschool has been really, really great for Henry. It's the highlight of his week. I am sure Benjamin will love it too!