Friday, January 22, 2010

...and done.

I finally finished my first commissioned painting! I think it's my first...anyways, it was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I was sent a pretty pixelated photo to work from, so it was kind of hard for me to get into it. That and it's different trying to make something good enough for someone else instead of just me. I think I would have taken this in a different stylistic direction if it had been my own. Anyhow, it was nice to have an excuse to have painting time! I don't make that a habit like I should. I'm way out of practice.

Thai Chicken Pasta, photo courtesy of Recipe Shoebox
Oh, and I had to share what we ate for dinner tonight. I love trying new recipes (especially from this particular blog), and this one was a hit (except with Benjamin, who thinks everything is too "spicy" these days...but Peter had seconds and thirds if that says anything). I wasn't sure even while I was making it if it would be good or not because of the unusual combination of ingredients but it was delicious! Plus, it was really easy. I think I'll be adding it to our regulars!

11 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

Sarah! It's a beautiful painting!! Congratulations on finding time to complete it and cook delicious meals. We love you all

Liz said...

Your painting is fantastic. But I'm SO not surprised. You're a genius. :-)

Mirien said...

Nice painting! And I've wanted to try that same recipe since I saw it. I think I'll make it soon!

merathon said...

that painting does look really great. i'm not near as good of an artist as you, but it still is one of those things that i never make time for either. i used to have such a fun time with all the projects i did in highschool art, but i really haven't developed that talent since. . .

that dinner does look yummy. i'll have to try it out-- maybe i'll put in garbanzos or lentils instead of the chicken.

alexandra said...

Wow, Sarah, I love that painting! It is gorgeous. How did the person know you love to paint clothes? You are so talented!

That thai chicken pasta looks amazing, too. I love getting recipe recommendations and I am going to have to use that blog for more. Are cookbooks obselete these days? I mainly just use cooking blogs.

Melanie said...

I echo all the sentiments about the painting. It really does look great.

Marliese said...

Gorgeous work of art! I would hang that in my house. Maybe we'll have to "commission" you, too. :)

Can't wait to try that pasta. Tom was just telling me we need to cook more Thai food--so good.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sarah, I LOVE it. How big is it? You did such a nice job with light and shadows. My goodness, you're good. I need to call you. :)

Nursery, in case I forget again, is going fine. She has gone 4 times now, has never needed to be rescued, and is very happy and busy each time we pick her up. She always gives me the biggest hugs afterward. I couldn't be prouder! The trick seems to be to have Marc drop her off. I'm sure you know exactly why not me. :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Looking at it again, it kind of reminds me of a good Norman Rockwell. I wonder if I'd still think that looking up close. It's warm and down-home and articulate.

Sarah said...

Great job on the painting! I always admire people who have artistic talent...because I have none. Good job!

Lara said...

Hi Sarah! I'm so glad you liked the Thai Chicken Pasta. It's become one of our favorites too. Congratulations on the commissioned painting--it's gorgeous! You are quite the talented lady.

PS Your boys are adorable!