Hey look! We made a little progress in here! We settled on a gray, moved the mantle lower and hung a mirror to cover the two giant ugly vents. I used a sample of Benjamin Moore's "Hazy Skies" over the bricks here, and will get another gallon to finish the walls and the bricks below.
And just for reference, here's where the mantle used to be. It was always kind of awkwardly high.
I've stripped one of the chairs completely down and have gotten two layers of cream paint on. I really love the shape. I think it should go pretty quick from here, recovering the cushions and stapling them back on.
And here's the three grays we were deciding from. We picked the one in the middle. In the currently green eating area, we'll paint it gray below the chair rail, and cream on top. The red room will also go gray.
Lots more is happening in here, so I'll keep you updated. It's been a fun project for me!