Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Guy

Since being married, I have learned that no two dads are alike. I think this is a wonderful thing. I feel so blessed to have always had a strong father in my life, and now father in law. When Paul and I were first time parents, there were some new adjustments to be made. He remembers vividly when I accused him of practically destroying Benjamin when I caught him watching TV with our then 2 month old...I was a little crazy as a first time mom. Since that time, it has been amazing as I've gotten to know Paul as a father. He really was born to do this.
He has a special way with our kids. They are always elated when they see him come through the door at the end of the day, and for good reason. He rough houses with them, and plays ringleader to this three ring circus. He is a lot of fun!
He is so sweet with Nora. These two are becoming very good buddies.  
Paul has an infectious enthusiasm for life. He is a natural teacher and leader, and works with our kids individually on things they are learning. He is unwaveringly anchored to the gospel, which is the greatest blessing of all. I really couldn't ask for a better father to our children. He's perfect, even if he occasionally indulges in a little tube time with his babies! ;) Happy father's day to all the great fathers in my life!

3 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

What a sweet post. Paul's a great dad. I'm so glad you've got him.

Stacy said...

How wonderful! I second Rachel's comment :)

Momo Cannon said...

I think you are a great parenting couple! It is a hard thing raising children, what a blessing to do it as a team.