Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graduation

Benjamin is officially done with preschool. He has grown SO much this year! I have loved the Montessori program for Benjamin. Yesterday he brought home all of his international flags that he drew, and I was impressed! He used to never draw, and I could tell what each of the flags were. Suddenly he's really into geography, and tells me all about the places he wants to go to on vacation, like Canada and Cuba, because he's "never been there!" Today his teacher was bragging to me today about his math skills, and how far he's come with that. His reading is at a strong first grade level, thanks to all the extra help he's been getting there, and even his writing has caught up. He's a hard little worker, so I think he'll go far, no matter what the kindergarten curriculum is like next year. 

Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Brown at the end of the year pool party. It was drizzly and chilly, and he didn't want to get out of the pool. :)
We had yummy pizza for lunch.
 Peter wanted nothing to do with the pool, and ended up falling asleep next to his friend Mason on the pool side benches.
Nora didn't get in either, but she had a good time.
 Benjamin with his best friend, Alex. They'll be in different schools next year, Alex in full-day and Benjamin in afternoon. And with school going as late as it does, I'm wondering if they'll ever see each other outside of church. We're really going to miss our friends! 
 ...all of them.
As they say in the yearbooks, have a great summer!

4 comments:

Jeannine said...

Haha silly Sarah. People don't say "have a great summer"in yearbooks! They say "H.A.G.S!" (shudder...) I have way too many oh-so-personalized messages saying just that in my yearbooks from the past. Haha or maybe that was just me that got HAGS in my yearbooks...

P.S. Your kids are adorable and I'm so proud of Benjamin! You all should take trips to Canada and Cuba! Haha woohoo!

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow--a first grade level reader, huh? That's awesome! I'm proud of him. It looks like he had a great preschool year, and that party looks like loads of fun. I can't wait to see him in just a couple of months...

Momo Cannon said...

He really has grown so much this year! On to the next adventure -- hope the new school lets him flourish!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Congratulations Ben! Way to work so hard and learn so much. The picture of popsicles in the pool makes me shiver.