Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Quick Fix

Paul's gone again this week, so it's catch-up time here. The weekend before last was sort of a whirlwind, but a lot of fun. I ended up missing my 8:00 am flight to Salt Lake by minutes, so Nora and I hung out in the airport for four hours before hopping on the next plane. It was just Nora and me on the flight, so I was expecting a break! But she is very much at the stage where she doesn't want to be held for very long and wanted to be wiggling/moving/climbing/scooting/anything but sitting in Mommy's lap for 3+ hours. It was a very long three hour flight. Then Paul flew in later that night after his meetings in Las Vegas were finished. 
I was really hoping to have more of the day to spend with my sister Miriam at her place up in Ogden, but we had a nice leisurely afternoon at our parent's house instead. Nora and Johnny are ten days apart, and almost identical in height and weight. I think Johnny's head wins though! They were really cute together.  
On Saturday morning, my little brother David went through the temple for the first time. It was really nice to be there with so much of my family! Here's the temple gang (plus Michelle, who graciously gave up her would-be wedding day to watch the kiddos) at lunch afterwards.
Meanwhile, Paul was getting his annual skiing fix up Big Cottonwood Canyon with his brother Josh. Doesn't he look happy?
We played games, talked, and enjoyed every minute we all had together. Then on Sunday afternoon, the three of us hopped back on a plane and headed back home, and back to the boys. 
I of course need to mention the real reason we were able to do this. Abby and Patrick are rockstars, and  though they have their own two-month-old baby to take care of, they stayed at our house and watched our boys while we were away. Not an easy task! Thank you, thank you! It was a really nice break.

5 comments:

Liz said...

From a quick glance at that first picture, I totally thought your sister was you! You guys look so alike!

Glad you had a good time. Every Mommy needs some fun!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love that last one-- it is Peter lying in the snow, isn't it? Hard to tell from the back. Reminds me of the kid in The Incredibles when he falls back on the limo seat-- "I love our family." It was SO fun to have you! Thanks again for coming!

Stacy said...

How fun. Even if you didn't stop by to say hello ;) I still have never been skiing, and I've lived here for how many years? It looks like you had a great time! Yea for vacations!

Stacy said...

Plus, Also, someone mentioned your cannon, and it made me look at it closer. And are you/your husband's family from the Isle of Man?

stefanie said...

That sounds like a whirlwind weekend and lots of fun. Nora is such a dolly.