Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Little Festive Cheer

So Paul was gone three out of the past five weeks. Initially, it was kind of nice and I got a lot of organizing and cleaning done, but the last week he was out of town I got pretty burnt out. So I've honestly had nothing to say here. Actually that's not true. I've thought about writing about Nora, and how much I love her pudgy arms that barely squeeze into my favorite dress of hers, how it's ridiculous that she's scooting all over the house now, and how she greets me in her crib, STANDING now. I never thought I'd say this about a baby, but that girl is growing up way too fast. But every time I thought about writing a post about her, I reminded myself that her eight month post is coming up and probably everyone in the world doesn't want to read any more baby fawning than they have to. 
Anyways, it's nice to have Paul back (no trips anytime in the near future!). I'm getting out of my funk, starting with this cheap little St. Patrick's Day project. I printed out a shamrock template and then just traced it onto a green poster board.
Then I cut them out and made slits in the tops.
Then I strung them on twine and hung them on the mantel. 
I can get sort of silly about holidays. :)
Oh, so maybe you spied our new rug in that first picture of the fireplace? I found a great deal on Overstock and jumped on it. We've been needing something bigger for our front room, and this one is huge and soft and perfect. We rearranged all of the furniture, and the whole room feels so much brighter and roomy. Of course now I'm scheming about new paint colors, and what to do with the fireplace, and picture arrangements and curtains....if you give a mouse a cookie....yeah I'm really excited to get started in there. I'm so over the red. 

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Beautiful rug! I'm excited for you, too! It will be bright, like you mentioned you're wanting it to be.

How could we ever get sick of hearing about Nora? Take a picture of her in your favorite dress of hers so we can see just how pudgy those arms are getting!

merathon said...

maybe built-ins on either side of the fireplace?

we painted our dining room red when we moved into our charlotte house almsot 5 years ago. i LOVED it, but started "getting over the red" a few months before we decided to move so i know what you're feeling!

Rachel Sorber said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see what you do with that room now! Keep the pictures comin'...