Monday, March 21, 2011

The Happiest Time of the Year


Spring is the happiest time of the year for me. Perhaps I'm a wimp, but I just do not like winter. This last week has brought us some crazy weather. No recent tornados, but we did have a big snow storm that grounded Grandma and Grandpa's flights, and a heat wave two days later that warmed our house up to 78 degrees at night. Benjamin and Peter have been outside all day, barefoot (I'm so blessed to have that gate to keep them fenced in!). It's just so thrilling to know that for the next eight months or so, we can occasionally open windows, play outside, and feel a little sun on our skin. Happy Spring, indeed!

3 comments:

The Dahle Family said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful! We had a little spring teaser last week--it got all the way up to 40! But this week is supposed to be hovering in the 20's again, so I heard, so I think bare feet are a long way off. Enjoy!

Momo Cannon said...

The picture of Nora in the daffys reminded me of Benjamin in the autumn leaves!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

What a beautiful baby girl! And your daffodils are fully bloomed! Bare feet! Sigh. I love spring, too.