Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ocho

My baby girl is eight months old. Two-thirds of a year, and getting bigger every day. Sometimes she surprises me by sleeping through the night, but not usually. On a normal night, she'll go to sleep around 5:30, wake up once in the middle of the night to eat and then sleep until 6:30 (which is when the boys start making noise in their room). She eats most solids with enthusiasm, and is especially adept at using her pincer grasp to eat cheerios and to find crumbs on the floor.
Her arms barely squeeze through the openings of my favorite dress, which I only pulled out for her to wear a few weeks ago because the size is 9 months. I might have to take the sleeves apart and add some stretch to them. It's way too cute on her.
She has gotten really good at rolling, getting on all fours, and pulling herself up to sitting and standing, all within a pretty short time. She doesn't really crawl, but sits with her legs bent to the side and pushes off with one foot, mostly using her upper body to get around. It's not the most efficient mode of transportation, but it works!
She uses "mama" and "dada" correctly, and continues to love babies. Here she is with her cousin Gloria.
I wonder if she'll be an early walker like her brothers were. It's so crazy to think I'll have another toddler around in just a few short months. 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

The first year sure does fly! She is adorable!

And completely unrelated- I had a question for you about recovering your glider. I sent you an email to the only email I have for you...but I don't know if it's one you use any more.

If you didn't get my email could you send me your email address? sfarrell3@gmail.com. We have the same glider as you and I'd LOVE to know how you recovered yours! It turned out so cute.

Liz said...

I so just want to pick her up and squeeze her. And then introduce her to my girls so they could have loads of fun together.
I would really love to see you. I wish we lived closer!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

My favorite picture is the last one of her. Look at those LEGS! My goodness! I love her chunky, rosy cheeks. She's just cute.

You should do what it takes to make that dress last longer. It is way too cute on her not to keep it for a while!

Rachel Sorber said...

Ditto to Miriam--wow. Those are some great thighs. She is such a cutie--I love all the pictures you post of that little sweet face. I'm still itching to meet that little sweetie!

Becky Lowe said...

Hey, mail me the dress and I'll put elastic in the sleeves if you like. She is too cute in it to grow out of it so soon! What a doll.