Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Muse

I finally broke out my oil paints yesterday after 5 years and just smelled them. I had a flood of wonderful memories rush back to me; of days before kids, of an awesome little studio overlooking Utah Valley, and of endless free hours to paint. I still don't have a safe place to leave my paints out to work, but I'm going to figure something out. Nora is like my beautiful little muse these days. I don't like painting portraits, but she makes me want to learn how. I just need to settle on a picture...



6 comments:

Karey said...

I vote for the third one! She is such a cutie! :)

Jeannine said...

What a perfect little muse :)

My vote is either the first or the third one. I like the first, especially, because of her adorable little smile! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Rachel Sorber said...

Oh, that girl is absolutely gorgeous! You could seriously expect to see that face on the front of some parenting magazine somewhere. I like any of them...probably the last is my fav, but it's a bit blurry. So cute. Kiss those cheeks for me!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Well great, I like the second one best. Now you've got every picture voted for, so now what? Guess it's up to you. :)

I remember your studio view. It WAS amazing. Very light-filled and private.

So I'm curious-- what'll it be? A head shot or a picture with more of a view, using your favorite picture of her face?

Mirien said...

I love the third one, but I don't know her like you do. Hope you can fit in a bit of painting time! I gave up hobbies for awhile because I thought I didn't have time for them, but then I missed it. Since then I've found that I have to be content with short bits of time or I never get anything "extra" done.

Alyssa is hoping to major in art at BYU--I should have her talk to you sometime!

Liz said...

Oh good heavens, please do the first one. Incredibly beautiful!