Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day!

So for those of you who grew up around mountains, these pictures will probably look like a joke, but we got a pretty good amount of snow last night! I grew up in Virginia, where an inch of snow would cause at least a two hour delay. I have fond memories huddling around our old radio in the kitchen on snowy mornings and hearing "WMAL, KM-63!" in a garbled sing-song tune, and listening for "Fairfax County schools: closed." Nothing quite so exciting!
I thought those days were over, but Paul's Blackberry started buzzing in the middle of the night last night, informing him that the office would be closed today. So we got a three-day weekend with him! This is especially nice, condidering he'll be in Argentina all next week.
We came outside with visions of making a snowman, but Benjamin's still a little sick, so he didn't last long outside.
Later in the day, Benjamin took Paul outside, and headed down the nicely shoveled walk and straight for the car. He must have needed to get out of the house, but he didn't get his wish. I thought this was a really pretty picture of the snow.
Here's Paul, working from home on the bed. I guess we never made the bed today. Oops.
Benjamin was cute today. I guess he's gotten to the point where he's okay with me painting, because he took me downstairs and helped me get out the panel and all my paints. He'll sit quietly on the couch and watch Elmo while I paint. It's a nice arrangement. As you can see, it's only about 2/3 done. This one will eventually go in his room.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I just love your work. That looks like something you'd buy from a fancy baby nursery catalog. Thanks for sharing your talent on your blog - really, you inspire me.

And yea for snow days! I have similar memories - I'd wake up and turn on the TV, hoping for the little ticker across the bottom of the screen on the news channel to say Twin Falls schools were closed. I'm glad you got some more time with Paul! How long will he be in Argentina?

Sarah said...

Yeah for 3 day weekends. That's crazy they shut down the office...I've heard of schools, but never offices. Very cool. And I love your art. You are so talented. That will be fun to have in Benjamin's room.

terrah said...

Paul, we saw your family in the pics during the song at the end of President Hinckley's funeral--a video clip from what must have been 10 years ago! It was fun to see Katie and Abby so cute and little. I hope you got a chance to see it too.

I'm glad you got a little snow! We've had snow just about nonstop, so I think I'm ready for it to quit. But Cora loves to look out the window and say 'snow, snow' several times a day. She loves it!

Momo Cannon said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures and insights to your day and life there in St. Louis. I love the picture of Paul and Benjamin in the snow and we will always be in awe of Sarah's artistic talent. We love how cute you house is looking and want to come visit! Good luck to Sarah while Paul is gone and hope Benjamin will forgive him for being gone so long. Love, Momo and Grandpa Cannon

Rachel Sorber said...

Wow--I'm so impressed with your work, Sarah! You inspire me.