Friday, February 08, 2008

My New Favorite Toy


I have a new favorite toy. It's SO fun! It's a laminator, and I got it at Aldi (a German grocery store here) for $20! It came with 30 sheets, so it's already paid for itself. I thought it was a pretty sweet find.
I just finished laminating scripture reading charts for my 8/9-year-old primary class. I've challenged them all to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, in honor of President Hinckley, and his challenge that he made to us a few years ago. Since we're studying from the Book of Mormon anyways this year, it works out perfectly. And I've offered all sorts of incentives along the way, so it should be fun.
I'm also getting excited about making quiet activities for church for Benjamin. Oh, and more FHE lessons. The possibilities are endless....I'm such a craft nerd.

4 comments:

alexandra said...

i wish i had one! i have been wanting to make placemats that I can just wipe off. am i thinking in cartoon vision, or would laminated paper do that?

merathon said...

i got this exact same laminator at aldi's when they had it in stock last summer. I LOVE IT!

Melanie said...

Oh... I wish I had one. It's always been my dream to own a laminator. Of course, knowing myself I would go overboard and laminate anything that won't melt; Matt would come home one day to see the dull shine of everlasting lamination covering the entire place.

Liz said...

Yea for all your great posts lately! Keep going!

I think I, too, would laminate anything not moving if I had a laminator. Glad you're enjoying yours! It's a strange pleasure you get out of laminating things. Or maybe I'm just a weirdo.

I'm definitely going to be paying attention when you talk about your Primary class, too - we're team-teaching the same age in our ward. It's our first time, and we usually feel like we have no idea what we're doing, so I always appreciate hearing new ideas. They're great kids, but it's hard keeping their attention for 40 entire minutes!