Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fun Times

Paul made a beautiful Valentine's Day dinner with salad, steaks, scalloped potatoes, grape juice, and mint Milanos and chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert. He gave me a beautiful single long-stemmed red rose and little presents throughout the week. What a sweetheart!

Benjamin got a Valentine present from our elderly neighbors from across the street!

He lit up when he discovered what was inside.

First thing, he needed to make sure his new teddy bear was changed. He wiped him and diapered him.

Then of course, new teddy needed to meet his neighbors and make friends. Bean is giving new teddy a hug.

New teddy gets a ride on Benjamin's push toy.
It was hard to finally convince Benjamin that he needed to go to bed. He was having way too much fun with his new teddy. Once he was down, Paul and I got to lounge and watch a movie together in the basement. As we were going to bed, my stomach, which had been feeling somewhat unsettled all evening, emptied all its contents. All night. About every half-hour. It was miserable. It finally stopped around 6 am, but by then I was exhausted, and Paul needed to go to work (also exhausted). Benjamin couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, but we essentially spent the entire day watching videos while I tried to recuperate and reintroduce foods into my system. I'm much better now. I have no idea what that episode was all about. I can't imagine it was food poisoning since we had the same foods, but who knows. It will certainly be a Valentine's Day I'll always remember!

5 comments:

Liz said...

How cute is Ben with that teddy! And it's always fabulous when the husband cooks. I love those days. :-)

terrah said...

Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day! Except the end, of course. It must have been some kind of bug. At least it passed fairly quickly!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you're feeling better...what a way to end such a great day. Benjamin is so cute with his teddy. I really love this age.

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Good job plowing through after you were sick! I love how Benjamin changed the bear and your ideas for plato, I will have to try that.

alexandra said...

Benjamin is such a big boy now! He doesnt look like a baby anymore. How sad and sweet. happy valentines day!