Friday, February 29, 2008

Spring is Right around the Corner....

Hooray for 53 degree sunny weather (Benjamin and I were outside all morning digging in the "dooht"), Samoas and Thin Mints (thanks to a Girl Scout who happens to be in my Primary class), and American Idol back in season. Yes, that's right. I admit it, I am a recent addict of American Idol (being able to fast-forward through commercials greatly aids this obsession). I say recent, because Paul and I only started watching this cult show last year, and we were pulling for Jordin pretty early on in the competition. It's still a little early this year to pick favorites, but how could you not love David Archuleta? A little 17-year-old from Murray, Utah with the most amazing voice and zero ego. Paul and I were both stunned with his performance this week, and we immediately wanted to download that performance, though we haven't been able to figure out how yet. I've never even loved the song, "Imagine All the People" by John Lennon. But wow.
The other show which I admit to watching is "So You Think You Can Dance?" (I'm laughing as I write this) The Season is coming up! I guess you could say we really enjoy watching people's talents. We're so cultured. :)

5 comments:

merathon said...

no need to laugh! i don't get into idol, but i LOVE SYTYCD! when is it starting up again?

Sarah said...

Yeah for spring! And for girl scout cookies...we just got ours and they're almost gone)! And for American Idol. I always swore I would never watch that show but somehow got sucked in last season and have been hooked since. David is our pick too...who couldn't love the kid? He's totally cute.

Paul said...

Paul here. Just have to make one addendum to this post. I think Sarah used the word "we" a little too liberally. Yes I watch "Idol" with her, and I admit I am even usually entertained. But I am far from obsessed, and last season I was for Blake, not Jordin. There. I feel much better now that I'm on the record.

Paul

Susie and Jay Larson said...

We are David Archuleta fans too! He has some interesting youtube submissions of him singing on star search and what looks like a ward christmas party in the gym. Also go girl scout cookies. We just got some minty ones this week.

Henry Parents said...

I totally think someone needs to market David A.'s head as a rear view mirror doily, just as Paula so helpfully suggested after his last performance. While the idea is creepy, it completely underscores the reason I watch the show: Paula's crazy, stoned antics.

I like David A. too, but his last performance wasn't my favorite. I couldn't wrap my mind around someone other than Lennon singing Imagine, other than John Lennon. I thought Chakeizi (sp?) did a good job too. His performance was sassy, and a little fierce.

I am currently obsessed with Project Runway. Highly recommend it.

And yay for warm weather!!