Monday, February 04, 2008

We'll miss you, Paul!

Well, we dropped Paul off at the airport today for his business trip to Argentina. He'll get back on Saturday, so it won't be that long...but we'll sure miss him!
Benjamin wanted to play "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" on the piano today around the usual time when Paul gets home, and was insistent that he was going to walk through the door any minute. He ran over to the window and got pretty upset when I told him he wasn't coming home tonight, and that he was on an airplane. Poor kid. Later tonight when he was going to bed, Benjamin turned around before turning in for the night and said, "Bye!" to Daddy. It was precious. And of course I, having nothing better to do this evening, am blogging about it. So I'm missing him too!
So in effort to tell Paul how much he's missed, I am posting a random blog of "good times."
Don't they look exactly alike here?! Same expression and everything. This was taken last Summer at the BYU Creamery on 9th.

This was take on Christmas morning, 2005. His sisters Abby (who is coming home from her mission THIS Thursday!) and Claire are waiting with us on the stairs. I'm looking pretty good for first trimester morning sickness, even if I do say so myself! (haha..yeah right...) And Paul's sporting a beard (a.k.a. the ultimate sign of rebellion for a BYU student).

Uh, I have no words. This was Halloween, back when we were engaged. Yep, that about sums it up.

This was this past Thanksgiving break, when we were out with Paul's family. Benjamin was at Grandma and Grandpa Lowe's, asleep.


Also, I wanted to point out that at President Hinckley's funeral during the slideshow in the last song, that was MY cute husband standing there with his two adorable sisters and dad next to President Hinckley! We were both shocked when we realized it was him in the picture. What a wonderful funeral it was! I've been fine ever since I learned of his death, immediately comforted by the fact that it was definately his time, and that he deserved to finally get a break. Well, I couldn't help but cry during the service as I finally let it sink in. I will really miss him! I seem to remember my Mom having similar feelings about Spencer W. Kimball...of course I'll love and honor and sustain the new prophets, but President Hinckley will always hold a very special place in my heart, as the prophet of my youth.
Now, with Presdent Monson and his counselors President Eyering and President Uchtdorf, we have a new chapter of the church to look forward to!

On a slightly different note, Paul and I have both been fretting about tomorrow, Super Tuesday, and the contrast this whole election process is to the change in leadership in the church. We've been praying that the people voting will be guided by the Spirit, and that whatever the Lord's will is, it will happen. We of course would like Mitt Romney to win, but who knows what the Lord's purposes really are with his campaign. Time will tell.
We were excited too learn that Mitt Romney was coming through St. Louis on Saturday, but were never able to find out where or when that would be. I think he did stop in, briefly after attending President Hinckley's funeral, but only really made an appearance at the hotel he was staying at. His son Matt was at our ward the next day though, and bore a nice, unassuming testimony. Paul and I, realizing who he was, ran back there afterwards to shake his hand and give him and his dad our support. We're on pins and needles until tomorrow's over!

3 comments:

Paul said...

I'm glad I can be the first to comment. That was really ... brave I guess of you to put some of those pictures up; That leisure suit just keeps getting snugger and snugger. I miss you dearly, and stories about Benjamin don't help! But Benjamin would be having a blast around all the great trucks and busses, and an occaisional horse-drawn vehicle. The little town I'm staying in is beutiful; I can't wait to wander around after work. I'll try to get some photos that do it justice.

I love you madly, Sarah. Give Benjamin a lil headbut for me and a bear hug.

alexandra said...

How fun to look at the old photos. I hope you are doing ok on your own!

Momo Cannon said...

We'll be praying for both you and Paul while he is gone. Computers and wonderful that Paul can also see and comment so far away. I am so glad that you appreciate my son! We appreciate you as well! Love, MOMO