Thursday, January 03, 2013

Starting the New Year With a Bang

We're back! I have tons of pictures that I still need to sort through, but we had such a wonderful time. Disneyland really is a magical place. This post, however, needed to happen before I moved on.

On New Years Day as a last Christmas break hurrah, we decided to go out for dinner to the kids favorite- Emperor's Palace. On the way home, the boys were screaming in the very back, which we figured could largely be attributed to the fact that we all got home at 1 am on New Years Eve. Soon, the screams turned real, and Paul climbed back there to see what had happened. Benjamin had thrown a seat belt at Peter's face, and his front right tooth was knocked back. So straight to the hospital we went.
We all hung out in the waiting room for two hours while Paul took Peter in and out to be examined. Finally, they pushed it back into place, and sent us home. The root wasn't damaged, so he may be able to keep the tooth. Peter was all excited to lose the tooth, but I'm not letting that happen if I can help it. I guess we'll know either way in a few weeks.
I'm in mourning a little bit over his perfect baby smile. They didn't push the tooth back into place all the way, so now it's a little crooked. But it is still there.
Here's hoping that a certain older brother learned a thing or two....

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Yep, super excited to have two boys.

Really though, how sad. I've always thought that teeth mishaps would be the worst. Stitch up whatever skin you can but losing that perfect smile comes too soon anyway.

Jeannine said...

How sad! I'm glad it all worked out okay, though, and I hope he doesn't end up losing that tooth!

Marliese said...

Ah man, that is so sad. Poor guy. I feel the same way about the perfect baby smile. It's not the same when they get those huge, crooked permanent teeth either... We'll hope that those roots hang on and re-ground? themselves.