Sunday, December 23, 2012

Babies

 There's a section of the Magic House that looks like a maternity ward with different stations to take care of all the newborns. We've often breezed through it, but this time, it seemed to really speak to Peter. He was really getting into being a doctor, washing, dressing, measuring, feeding and naming them. It was cute.
 Nora liked it too of course. I suppose babies probably run a close second to princesses among Nora's preferences.
 I don't think I've mentioned this here yet, but out of the short list of names we've come up with for our new baby, Nora's latched on to one in particular. It wasn't even the strongest contender, just a classic name that we've both always liked, and that happens to be my middle name. It came sort of out of the blue one day when I asked her what the new baby's name should be, and she said very clearly for a two-year-old, "Elizabeth." And she's stuck to her guns ever since.
The boys picked out "Lydia" much earlier, and are still strongly in that camp. So we'll see. We've got a bit of time to figure it all out. My guess is somebody ends up disappointed. :)
I am inclined to believe Nora. I remember when I was expecting Peter, "Peter" was the name Benjamin (at about Nora's age) had really pushed for. Again, it was a fine name, just not our favorite at the time.  When we finally did meet him, it was clear to us that "Peter" was his name. I think these tiny people just know sometimes.

3 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

That's so sweet! I have always liked your middle name. Any preferences on a nick name or would you stick with the whole mouthful?

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I just caught up with your last several posts. Wow! Disneyland surprise for Christmas?! Can't wait to hear their reaction! I like your stockings and the little ties you made, AND Nora's dress, Miss Crafty Crafty. The name preferences are sweet. Merry Christmas!

Karey said...

Lincoln was obsessed with the name Jack and when we met him, that just seemed right, so the trend continues! Can't wait to hear all about your Christmas surprise!