Friday, May 13, 2011

Double Digits

Nora is officially in her double digits- in months, that is. I got curious this morning, so I did a little math. You are in your double digits from 10 months until you are 8 years and 4 months old, when you enter your triple digits (100 months). From there, you are in your triple digits until you are 83 years and 4 months old (1000 months), or roughly until the end of your life.
So humor me for a second and follow me through my crazy theories. Nora, who is now ten months old is just barely beginning to understand right from wrong. And she has roughly until her triple digits to learn right from wrong before she becomes accountable for her actions. The triple digits make up the bulk of a person's life, until you reach 83 years, which is about when I think you've made it. It's like your mental and physical capability become like a child's again. So I don't know, but maybe the quadruple digits don't count as much- kind of like the double digits? ;) Ok, I'm a little crazy.
Anyways, Nora really is growing up. She claps, plays peek-a-boo, understands "no," and is always on the go. She has also become really fond of sparkly things, and loves to take necklaces and headbands on and off. Her favorite spot in the house is on the child-size rocker in Benjamin and Peter's room. Lately, she almost always has a bruise somewhere on her face from climbing or falling. She just barely cut her first tooth a few days ago. Uninterrupted nights of sleep are also becoming less of a rarity for her. Last night, Peter was up screaming from 3 a.m. until 4 a.m., but Nora even slept through that. She loves to be held, and will nuzzle her face in Paul's or my shoulder. She also loves to sit on my lap and read stories. She's a sweetheart, and I can't imagine life without her!

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Look at those legs! Is there anything in this world cuter than baby legs and feet? Seriously.

I think you're a statistician's wife, that's what I think! Fun observation and hey, you're probably right.

Becky Lowe said...

You're so lucky to have such a sweet little doll to play with! First tooth! Wow - good job, Nora!

Liz said...

I know I always say it, but good glory, that girl is adorable! I love the picture of her clapping!
And if you're a little nuts, you're in good company. I think of weird stuff like that all the time. ;-)