Friday, July 26, 2013

Silly Sally

I think losing shoes must be genetic. I remember when I was about Nora's age how the most stressful part of Sunday mornings for my Mom seemed to be finding my shoes. Sometimes they'd be in a random drawer, or in the dress ups basket, or down the laundry chute, but they were never where they were supposed to be. Probably in her exasperation, she even made up a poem about me:
Silly Sally Sarie Sue
Took her baby to the zoo
There she lost her bright red shoe!
Silly Sally Sarie Sue 
 I think this is the infamous "bright red shoe" that remained. Where it's other one is, I have no idea.

Nora seems to have inherited this shoe-losing trait. This summer, she's lost one or both of FOUR pairs of shoes.
This has been a regular sight these days (and no, I did not suggest the socks). I think the Puma lost it's buddy somewhere along the road to Utah, and the silver sandal is in a local dump (at least that's what the pool where we most likely lost it said). So it's probably safe to throw these both away!
I still have hope for this one...just waiting for it to be returned from a friend's house.
And Grandma was nice enough to mail these across the country so that Nora could have them. I think Nora may deserve her own verse to the poem!

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Darling post! What a funny girl. I can't wait to see her!!!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

So funny! Except when you need some shoes fast and can't find any :). Better luck with the next pair!