Friday, July 26, 2013

Four Months

Lydia is four months old today! She is a sweetheart, and we're loving how her personality is starting to unfold. Lydia is a pretty happy baby. You wouldn't know it from most of her pictures, but she will smile at just about any friendly face.
Lydia is the first of my children (at least that I can remember) that really enjoys tummy time. She has always preferred sleeping on her tummy, and this past month has really gotten mobile. She rolls onto her back, scoots, and is especially proficient at wedging her head into the corner of her crib.
She sits very well when propped up, and loves to stand when given the chance.
I probably see my baby pictures in her more than in any of the other kids. That said, I also think she's one of my hardest to photograph. I think she's way cuter in real life, and that pictures just make her look...I don't know. Even fatter than she is? Disproportionate? Just not quite like her.
She is very round. I can't get enough of these chubby little ankles. I think the ratio between her tiny feet and giant thighs is awesome.
And her flesh colored sleeves aren't bad either!
Other tidbits about Lydia: she makes the funniest noises. Kind of like shrieky, squealy playful screams. She must think that's how the kids communicate and does her best to imitate them. :) She is super cuddly. She loves being carried either facing out or in, but she just buries her little body into yours, and it is just precious. She loves to suck her thumb or fist, and is getting pretty good at self-soothing. Her eyes are a beautiful blue now, and her hair is finally free of cradle cap and the new (also red) hair is coming in. I love watching her grow.
Four month stats: 16 lbs. 4 oz. (85%), 25 1/4" long (78%), and head circ. is 16 1/2" (83%). Pretty darn proportionate!

4 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

I need to hold that baby.

Momo Cannon said...

How we love her chubbiness!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

And cuddliness! She sounds so cute in her new mobile developments!! I love her.

Jeannine said...

I love the sleeves! She's seriously adorable. And I love that she nuzzles and cuddles with you so much! It'll be so fun to have all our new babies together :)