Friday, October 01, 2010

Latest Obsessions

So Benjamin's interest in all things Star Wars has lately turned into an obsession. On the way to school yesterday he informed me that when he grows up to be a daddy, he's going to build a Star Wars Museum. He watches the first half hour of Episode V almost every day and reads/recites the introduction nearly word for word. And then he acts out everything Luke Skywalker does as he's watching (stumbling across the ice planet of Hoth, hanging upside-down as he trains with Yoda, etc.). And of course he's already gotten his costume for Halloween this year- he's going to be Darth Vader (doesn't Nora make a great Darth Vader?).
Perhaps the reason I entertain his obsessions is because I have a few of my own. We recently moved the two boys into Peter's room, which of course required some redecorating. :) We repainted the room a nice pale blue. We also moved the little table and chair set in there, and I figured it was a great time to refinish the set (It used to be royal blue with rusty tan legs and fake wood top). I spray painted it gray...
...then painted an Imperial Walker on the top.
I kind of like how the bedroom is turning out.
And I think they really enjoy it too. The Star Wars poster is Benjamin's favorite part of the room.
I found an extra long twin comforter for $14 at Target and just cut it in half for the two beds.
I also covered the bottom half of the (formerly scalloped) valence with fabric.
Now on to Nora's new room! :)

3 comments:

Marliese said...

Nice work as usual, Sarah. You have made your home so cozy and cute. I can't believe the detail on the Imperial Walker. You are so talented!

Momo Cannon said...

How cute! You really had a vision for the table that was all in pieces when we were there - The Imperial Walker is great!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Um, wow. The thing that gets me is that you've done all this with a 2 month old and two other young kids. How?!