Monday, October 11, 2010

27 Candles

I turned 27 this last Friday! At least for now, I really enjoy getting older. It makes me feel slightly more legitimate, being a mother of three. Silly, I know. My Mom was 27 when she had me, which means she's double my age this year.
For my birthday, Paul and I went out for Indian food while Patrick and Abby watched ALL THREE kids. It was amazing. Then we all had a barbecue and cookie dough ice cream cake the next day. Many thanks to everyone who called, sent a note, or sent a gift! I am a lucky girl!

8 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Sounds like the perfect day-- a kidless date (Wow, Abby and Patrick!), Indian food, and an ice cream cake! Yum. Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't call-- I thought of it too early and too late, but never in the middle. :( Sorry!

Mirien said...

Happy birthday! I felt the same way! I was excited to turn thirty so I'd feel old enough to have 4 kids and be the RS president. But now that 40 is next year??? Not quite as excited.

alexandra said...

I feel like I am watching you grow up! Just kidding. But it is funny because you are older now than I was when we met.

I am so glad you had such a nice birthday!

Rachel Sorber said...

Happy birthday! 27 was a fun year for me--hope it's the same for you. :)

Stacy said...

Yea! Sounds like you had a blast! Happy Birthday!!

Marliese said...

That is a lot of candles for one cake! Kudos to you for getting the actual, appropriate number on there. We usually don't do that.

Glad you had a happy birthday, complete with a REAL date.

Michelle Lowe said...

Sarah, I also apologize for not calling on your birthday! Just like Miriam, I thought about it before and after, but didn't make it on the day of. I love you and I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! You're an amazing mother, wife, sister, and friend and I'll always look up to your example.

Momo Cannon said...

Congratulations on being 27! and such a great wife! and a great mom of three! We love you