Sunday, October 17, 2010

Baby Steps

Yesterday, I finally tackled Nora's room. I wanted to paint it a nice neutral color (it used to be bright yellow), but that was waiting on one thing: the big gaping hole in the wall behind the shower where we had the leaking issue a few months ago. Well we finally patched the hole, and I painted the room. The hole still needs another coat of mud, which is why it's still not painted, but it will be easy to finish once that's done. Baby steps. I also have a bunch of other little projects I'm working on to go in here. Hopefully things should start coming together soon, so stay tuned!
And the main reason why I was able to be so productive yesterday? Paul and Patrick and Abby took the boys to the pumpkin patch, so it was just me and Nora at home. They had a great time, and so did I.
Best. Picture. Ever. The boys really really really love their Auntie Abby and Uncle Patrick.
Oh, and another success of the day was this find. A friend of mine is moving to Colorado and was having a free garage sale. She was getting rid of this Monet reproduction. It's a really nice textured canvas in a gorgeous frame. And now, the giant map that's been hanging over our bed with 3M strips can officially come down! I also got a few decorations for Halloween and Christmas, some earrings, some movies, a bundt pan, and a few other odds and ends. Free garage sales are the best!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Ooh, that Monet really is beautiful. And what neutral color are you painting the room?

Stacy said...

Um, I tried to post a comment, but it didn't work. So, I apologize if you get this twice. But I love free stuff! How fun! Plus, how huge are those pumpkins?! Awesome. I love days like that :)

Rachel Sorber said...

Fun! I love free garage sales, too...in fact, plain garage sales are great, too! Good work with that room! :) Good to be involved in a project...

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I'm eager to see what you come up with for Nora's room. I always admire your work!