Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lowe Family Reunion

My whole family got together for the first time in about two years. It was great getting reacquanted with eachother, especially since there are 4 in-laws and 7 grandkids now!

Here's the gang at Temple Square. I stayed behind with Peter, since he was still sick, and it was a cold night.


We rotated cooking dinners for everyone. With 21 people to feed, this turned out to be a good system. We ate a lot of good food!

Another activity that Peter and I were not involved in was sledding and playing in the snow. We got a lot of snow over the week.
My brother, Nathan and Benjamin.

So many pretty sunsets in Utah! This is the view from the back of my parent's new house.

My brother and sister-in-law were in charge of organizing the reunion this year, and so we held "Lowe University" while the kids were down for their naps. We had a few mini lessons about people's jobs and theses, and a few more interactive ones where we learned country swing dancing, dance aerobics and how to use poi balls. These turned out to be some of the greatest highlights from the week.
My sister-in-law Jeni, my brother Bryan, their daughter Bonnie, Paul and Peter.
My sister Miriam's little girl is 5 1/2 months here, and my sister-in-law, Jeni's little girl is 6 months. So Peter is just a few months younger than them.
My sister, Jeannine and Peter.
Benjamin and Sarah are just three weeks apart. They were good buddies most of the time!
My Mom makes a cute Grandma! Here she is with Rachel's girls, Natalie and Lucy.

The four oldest cousins with Uncle Bryan.
The three youngest cousins.
My brother, David and Benjamin.
Story time with my sister, Michelle and my Mom.
Story time with my brother, Bryan.
We all went to the local rec. center one afternoon to go swimming. It's probably for the best that I couldn't find any pictures of Benjamin in the blue swim diaper covered by the flowery hot pink diaper cover they made us buy. It was hilarious, but even more so that he didn't have a clue how ridiculous he looked. I felt bad that I had forgotten his swimsuit!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, I can't believe how many kids are in the family now! How fun you all got to be together.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the one of Benjamin and Sarah on their horsies.