Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Little Bit of Life

By way of updates, the cold water in the kitchen sink still doesn't work (four days and counting), I haven't left the house in four days, and Peter is still very congested, meaning we get no sleep. But for the record, I'm not as depressed as the last post might have made it sound. And we got snow last night, which seems to make the cold that much more tolerable. Paul is working from home today because "campus" is closed. Snow days make me feel like a little kid again. Paul built a nice fire last night as it was snowing outside. Benjamin was thrilled, and so was I! We got a box in the mail last week, and Benjamin wanted to play in it. He was riding in a "roller coaster" here.
Benjamin loves reading stories in his room. He has to look at the "camel on the ceiling" upside-down.
I feel like he must be a budding scientist. He has always loved this DK Science Dictionary. He wants to know what everything is and how it works. Oh, and the crazy "scientist" hair is for effect. :) And speaking of science, the last time I did go out was on Saturday when we went to the Science Center. Benjamin loves it!
Oh, just so you know, we do still have two sons. Here's Peter hanging out in his swing. Benjamin calls the toy on it a "planet." He really is fascinated with science!

I bet you were wondering how this post could get any more random. So I added a video of Paul and Peter playing "Up We Go!" We really do have a great life, just the four of us!

6 comments:

Jeannine said...

Sarah it sounds like despite the lameness of Peter's sickness and your stupid sink and the cold, you four are doing just great! I just loved all the pictures you posted! And goodness gracious Peter is getting big! It's amazing I saw him only a couple weeks ago and it made such a difference. I miss those kids...
Oh, and one of my favorite parts: Benjamin's commentary during the video. "Do you see daddy? And uhh... Pehteh?" I loved how he said Peter's name... or at least I think that's what he was trying to say...

Calley said...

Holy family of science! That's hilarious :)

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

What a precious video!! It just makes me smile!!! :) I totally agree with you about going crazy trying to keep your kids healthy! By the way thank you so much for dinner it was so delicous!! It really was! Robert wants me to ask you for the recipe! You guys are so great! Thanks again for everything! By the way is this dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point?

Julie said...

Hey Sarah. Your blog is really cute. You are really busy with those two little boys! I can't even imagine what a typical day is like.

Oh, and I completely agree with you about being done with winter.

Momo Cannon said...

What a cute family. We miss you all and are so glad that you were able to come out at Christmas. Peetah is getting bigger! Love, Momo

alexandra said...

Oh I love this post! It looks like you guys have such a happy and fun life! I cannot believe how big Benjamin is. We are looking forward to seeing you this summer.