Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting So Big

Peter is growing up fast. He is 3 months old (and some change) now, and he seems to just get more and more fun every day. Benjamin has fallen in love with Peter too, and talks to him, plays games with him, and lets him "play" with his stuffed animals. It's really sweet to see the bond that is beginning to form between them. Peter loves to suck, so he is pretty easy to soothe. All he needs is a pacifier and something cuddly against his face, and he'll put himself to sleep. Recently, he's started to suck on his hands more too.
Peter loves kicking and batting at the dangling toys on his play mat, and gets even more excited when he's in the tub. He is a lot more social than Benjamin was at this age, and will smile and talk to strangers who approach him. He gets a huge smile on his face when Paul comes home and talks to him!His skin is finally beginning to clear up. He has eczema pretty bad on one side of his face and still has traces of cradle cap. I made him go partially bald when I tried scrubbing the flakes off. But his new hair is already starting to come in, so he won't look like an awkward newborn baby forever. His hair also seems to be getting redder, although it's not quite the intensity of Benjamin's.
Peter is a sweetheart, and a calming presence in our family. We love this little boy!

9 comments:

McKenna said...

What a cute little baby. I love te pics. I had my first baby shower today. It was so much fun. It's wonderful that we do things like that to help you with getting ready for a little one.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Ahh I loved these pictures! I also got a kick out of what Benjamin says! I love the one that he went potty last week at the Library! LOL!!! Cracks me up!!

Mirien said...

Peter looks so big, compared to Hayley. We'll have to compare notes at their 4 mo. checkups. And what funny things Benjamin is saying.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Great pictures, Sarah! And way to capture some smiles! His face is changing-- he definitely looks older since December. He's getting even cuter, too. I miss Peter!

Henry Parents said...

Wow, he has grown so much since I last saw him (I know that isn't too shocking since it was in Nov.) What a cutie! It seemed like once they hit three months old, their personality starts to emerge even more.

Oh, I wanted to tell you that Josh took Henry to Hardee's the other day and they have Kung Fu Panda toys in their kid's meals (and tattoos which Henry thinks are awesome). I think I remember Benjamin being into that movie so I thought I'd pass it along.

Hang in there, Spring is very slowly on its way!

GayLynn said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Benjamin is so big now! Ryan and I think our boy is going to be a red head. =) It's fun to see all your pictures. I recently started a blog:

http://gaylynnandryan.blogspot.com/

Once the baby comes I'm sure it will be more interesting! To answer your question, I did get my BFA. I actually have a photo album on facebook with pictures from my final show if you're interested. We live in Sacramento now where Ryan is a first year medical student at UC Davis. We are loving it here! So good to hear from you!

Parker and Vanessa said...

I really like the softness of the pictures with him in the towel. Very cute.

Thora said...

So, just kidding on the cograts that your expecting message I sent you on facebook. Clearly that was before I checked your blog. Now, congratulations on your little Peter. I love the name Peter!

Michelle Lowe said...

Peter's adorable!!! I miss him and Benjamin so much!