Friday, October 03, 2008

I love October

October is one of my favorite months. The air is cooler, the sky is bluer, and the trees are just beginning to change colors. I love General Conference weekend- I'm really looking forward to it! Especially after such an amazing Women's Conference. I love Halloween, although I'm becoming a lot more sensitive to all the disgusting, scary displays that seem to be everywhere. Benjamin is really curious about them and asks what they are, so I've had to divert his eyes several times and just tell him "those are yucky things." I also get to celebrate my birthday this month, and soon the birthday of our second child!
Benjamin and I went to a pumpkin patch today with a bunch of friends from our ward. It was a beautiful day, although a little warmer than I was expecting. Benjamin came home with rosy cheeks, but had lots of exciting things to tell Daddy when we picked him up at work.
The highlight of the day: an old fire engine that the kids could climb on.
He "drove" it for a long time. He was in heaven!
Here's a bunch of the kids who came.
The other highlight for Benjamin was the tractors.
This one was pretty cool.

4 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

How fun! He must have been in heaven. Happy birthday in a few days!

Sarah said...

How fun. We're going to a pumpkin patch next week. I'm so excited.
I can't believe you're due so soon. Can't wait to see pictures.
Oh, and I'm just curious...is your blog public again???

Emily Jeanne said...

wow that looks awesome. I know my nephews would go NUTS over those tractors and that fire engine! It looks like you guys are doing great! miss you guys!

emily

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Benjamin's cute. :)