Sunday, October 19, 2008

Final Countdown

I got a call from the hospital this afternoon, and it looks like they'll most likely admit me early tomorrow morning. Paul's Mom is here, and I think Benjamin understands a little too well what that means. She came in last night after he was in bed, so when he woke up and I told him she was here, he told me the was baby coming. He's been telling Paul and me to go away all day. We feel loved. :) No, we couldn't be happier that Grandma is here! She is wonderful with Benjamin, and they'll have a great time while Paul and I are at the hospital.

So in light of the fact that Benjamin could care less about my existence at present, I am posting a few pictures of the past week for your viewing pleasure!
Benjamin went shirt-less for a memorable spaghetti dinner. I accidentally dumped too much fennel in the sauce, and so we enjoyed picking out the 40 or so seeds from our plates. It wasn't one of those meals you could just hurry and eat!

One morning before I could even get out of bed, Benjamin had somehow climbed the shelves in our pantry and gotten out the yellow paint. He had poured a good deal of it in his paint tray, with only a couple drops on the carpet... We weren't too thrilled with him of course, but after breakfast, he got his wish, and we went outside and painted a big cardboard pumpkin with nice fall colors.

On Saturday morning, we went up to Grant's Farm. It's owned by Anheuser Busch, so all along the nice train ride through the historic grounds that were once owned by General Grant, were plugs for the once all-American beer. It also had an interesting variety of animals to see along the way, and of course near the entrance were the stables with the giant Clydesdales. The train takes you to a petting zoo area, so we thought it would be a lot of fun for Benjamin. I guess I should have anticipated a Halloween theme, but it was really creepy- especially for a toddler. There was even scary music playing throughout the park. Benjamin was uneasy the whole time, and begged to get back on the train. So we didn't stay long.
Our next post should bring some exciting news!

2 comments:

Andi said...

good luck! i cant wait to see pics of your new little one!

alexandra said...

We are thinking of you guys today!!!