Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome Home...

...Peter Julian Cannon!

He is a wonderful newborn. He only cries when he is cold and will soothe himself by sucking his thumb.
Benjamin was excited to greet us when we came home from the hospital!
Here is Benjamin Wilcox Cannon holding his new brother, Peter Julian Cannon. I think they're both good, strong names for good, strong boys.

Benjamin repeated over and over again, "I like a new baby brother! I like Peter! I LUDD a baby brother!" As he mauled him with kisses and love pats. He says Peter's head feels like a caterpillar. We'll see how long this brotherly love lasts...
I couldn't resist putting this last picture in of Benjamin when he was barely born. I'm not sure this is the best picture to show resemblance between the two, but they do look a lot alike. The nurses kept commenting on how cute Peter's red hair was, and I was confused because I don't see it as red compared to Benjamin's. I guess it's a pretty auburn color. But he sure does have a lot more than Benjamin did!

11 comments:

alexandra said...

He is so adorable! Benjamin looks like he is taking the news well!

Calley said...

Adorable! I'm glad they're both doing so well. Hope you're feeling alright!

Tracy said...

Congratulations!! We're happy for you and the joy that's ahead with two kids. Hope things go as smoothly as possible for the next few crazy weeks! :)

Sarah said...

Cute cute! I love the thumb sucking picture. And I totally see a resemblance between the two.

Rachel Sorber said...

I love that one where Benjamin is looking adoringly at his brother! I think this is the beginning of a great friendship for those two. So cute! Thanks for more pics!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! He is really cute and I love all that hair. Hope things continue to go well.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Wow, he does sound like a good baby! I wish I could hold him! He's adorable. Benjamin sure seems to be enjoying having Peter around. Anna reacted happily to these sweet pictures.

Momo Cannon said...

I can say that they are both adorable boys. I feel blessed that I was able to meet Peter. He does have amazing hair! Grandma Cannon

McKenna said...

Wow, what a beautiful baby boy!I'm sure life changes a lot going from 1 to 2 children. Stewart and I find out what we are having the second week in Nov. Love ya!

Abigail said...

I LOVE him so much! I can't wait to meet him. Peter looks like a very content baby, easy to please. The perfect way to be for a little brother. Congratulations Sarah, thank you for birthing my nephews, you're a great Mom.
love, Abby

Abigail said...

I wish I was there so much!