Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fun Preschool Toy

 So I'll be honest. Even though I'm doing home preschool now, it's not realistic for me to have crafts or planned lessons every day...maybe I'll get better at that though. :) I love having an arsenal of activities that we can pull out over and over again. Puzzles, workbooks, math rods, stamps, and things like that are great. The other day, I randomly came across this letter builder on Amazon for half off and jumped on it. And I am already a huge fan!
 It's perfect for small hands that can't yet write their letters, but can identify them.
 It's equally as good for those who can write their letters, but need some reinforcement for proper letter formation.
It has cards with directions for forming upper and lower case letters. They're easy to figure out, so the kids pretty much did the work on their own.
 I can see these being a hit for building other things as well...
 It's also great for fine motor skills, clipping each of the pieces together, and finding the right holes.
There are probably not enough pieces in the box to form the entire alphabet at the same time, but plenty to make sentences. Peter came up with this one all on his own. :) So at the risk of sounding like an advertisement (oh, wait- too late), I'd give this one two thumbs up! ;)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'd be interested in more posts like this if you come across other things you really like.

Hi Lowe! said...

These are soooo neat!!! I could see my kids having fun with them too! I'm sorry for the flu while Paul was gone!

Rachel Sorber said...

Cool! Emily would love those, too!

Liz said...

I echo the comment about you posting more things like this when you find them. Recommendations from fellow moms are priceless! Love ya!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Wow, I've been gone from blogging forever! It was so fun to read back through your posts lately-- awesome Thanksgiving pictures! What a crazy time for you those 9 days! Cool toy. It looks nerdy-- right up our alley. :) Love you.