Thursday, December 05, 2013

0.667 Years

Lydia turned eight months last week. She has been changing so fast!
I know I've said it a dozen times before, but I cannot get enough of her squishy little bread-dough body. It's a shame it's so cold outside now, because we usually have to cover most of it up. She is now well into her twelve month sized clothes. I believe this one pictured was size 9 months and it needed to be retired. Ankle pants are still in, right? ;)
Lydia has started pulling herself up on things, and you can tell she feels so proud of herself. She still has a gummy grin- no teeth yet, which is fine by me. She's a great eater, and can mash just about anything you give her with her gums. She's figured out how funny it is to drop her food on the floor, and immediately looks down to search for what she dropped. I can't ever eat when I'm nursing her, because that food is always preferred to what she's getting.
 She is totally mobile now. She can crawl fairly well, although she often gets mad when she gets tired (or can't find me). I call her Thumper, because she'll start slapping the floor with her hand and yelling with frustration when she's done hunting. She's very much a Mama's girl, and would prefer to be carried all day if I let her.
Lydia still does not tolerate anything on her head. Hats, headbands, and bows are all ripped off moments after they're put on. I used to think she looked like baby Peter's twin, but she seems to be resembling baby Benjamin more and more. Even without bows, I think she's a cute girl, and much more feminine than her brothers.
I finally got a wool rug for the girls' room. It's so much cozier to play on than the wood floors and it's already seen a ton of use. The rest of the room is pretty hodge-podge, but I'm sure it will eventually get done. Lydia adores her sister and brothers, and tolerates all their craziness. She has a thoughtful way of observing, much like Benjamin did at her age. I love her cuddliness and friendliness and overall demeanor. She's a pretty awesome little gal.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my GOOD HEAVENS! I spent an embarrassing amount of time basically fangirling over the picture of her peeking over the crib. I just want to squeeze the stuffing out of her! So cute!

Paige doesn't go for having things on her head, either. Maybe they can form a club one day. ;-)

Rachel Sorber said...

Darling. So cute. I swear, Sarah, you and Paul make the cutest babies ever born. Give her squishy little thighs a kiss and a blow from her auntie Rachel. :)