Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

1. I'm 36 weeks now. Technically, I could go at any time now, although it's unlikely considering my history of going full-term/until they induce me. I have been pregnant for almost three years of my life now. I feel like that's a fairly significant amount of time, seeing as I'm not quite 30. Ten percent of my life, in fact! That sounds like a lot. I think I'd like to be done now.

2. I would also like to keep the baby in for a few more weeks since I'm feeling nowhere near ready. I pulled out the old dusty car seat, only to realize that it is now expired. I need to replace Nora's dresser with something that will accommodate her clothes AND all the freshly washed baby clothes. I also need to replace the old rocker that I used to nurse all three babies that finally bit the dust sometime last year. I need to pack a hospital bag. I need to buy diapers and all that other stuff...I think it's finally dawning on me that we're actually going to have another tiny person living with us. Always such a strange (but also wonderful) thought.

3. Winter has finally showed up, which is another reason I want this baby to wait a few more weeks. I was envisioning a Spring baby, and for the past week or so, we've had non-stop flurrying (that usually doesn't stick), coupled with freezing temperatures. I think St. Louis might need to get it's own Punxsutawney Phil. I'm starting to doubt the legitimacy of a groundhog's forecasting that lives over 600 miles and a few states away. ;)

4. We are finally all better! February was such a blur, but I can finally say (with some level of confidence) that the flu that was pin-balling between all of us has finally left.  Hallelujah!


5. Peter is really funny. I've been needing naps more frequently these days, and he usually spends the time in his room, either playing Legos or doing "school" work. He has such high expectations of himself, that it's comically tragic. The other day, I jumped up, sure that someone had seriously injured themselves, only to find Peter, throwing a little tantrum in his room because he couldn't get his 5's right. He is like that at school too. His teacher tells me how bright he is, and how much he feels like he can do right now, but the obvious truth is, he's still four, and there are things that he's physically and emotionally not capable of doing yet. But that won't stop him from trying! I sure love this little firecracker.
 

6. I've finished a few "princess" touches to Nora's room, to help her half feel a little more her. For the picture, I just cut out a few silhouettes and taped them onto some scrapbook paper. And I let her pick out some fabric so she could have a princess pillow. Jut a few little things that I think make her feel special. :)


7. I finally got to see Les Miserables in the theater with Paul (we go on dates so rarely, but I felt like this was one I had to do before the baby comes)! I'm so glad we did. It did not disappoint. I saw Les Miserables about a decade ago on Broadway (essentially the nosebleed section), and I felt like the movie was even better (even though I kind of feel lame for saying a movie is better than a live performance). Probably because every viewer can intimately feel the emotion and development of the characters, as well as see the sweeping views of France and the conditions of the time. I even loved the music, enough that I think I'd buy the movie soundtrack over any theatrical versions. Oh, and Anne Hathaway never ceases to surprise me. I still have a hard time seeing her as anything other than an awkward teen in Princess Diaries, but she really was phenomenal.

6 comments:

Hi Lowe! said...

This is great Sarah! I love the additions to Nora's room! 36 weeks! Wow, how fun!!

Stacy said...

Oh dear. You sound like me right before I had #4. "I want you out! Wait. 4 kids?! I'm not ready! Stay in! Stay in!" Yep. And we had to go through all the expired car seat stuff too. But, everything will work out. Hang in there :)

Rachel Sorber said...

So fun to talk to you tonight. It's a unique time of life, isn't it? I'm so excited to see the newest Cannon. And the rest of the Cannons. Good luck these next few weeks. I'm thinking about you!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Nora's princess stuff is so fun! Nice work. And wow, Peter really does apply himself! You're getting so close. I hope you can complete everything you'd like to, and no worries if you don't.

Liz said...

The princess stuff is so cute. Great job!

Yes, I'd say three years pregnant is plenty. And I can't wait to see that new little baby!

Jeannine said...

I can't believe you're still able to be cute and crafty while attending to 3 little kids, all while being 36 pregnant. You really never cease to amaze me! I am so excited for you and I hope this last month goes just the right amount of time for you :)

I miss you guys!