Monday, February 25, 2013

Snow and Some Craftiness

Paul is HOME!!! He got back Friday morning, and we've been enjoying doing nothing and just being together at last. Paul was pretty sick too while in Argentina, so I think we all needed the rest!
I feel like we were set on pause all week last week. I had sick kids at home Monday through Wednesday, then school was cancelled on Thursday and Friday because of snow. So it felt a little strange this morning, saying goodbye to Paul as he left for work, and getting Benjamin up to the bus stop. I think Peter is glad to be back in his routine. He's been off playing by himself all morning. He nearly had a melt down when I suggested we go tot he fabric store to find material to make ties (I'm leading a Relief Society mid-week meeting on how to make them in a few weeks and need to get a little more practice under my belt). So I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow when he heads back to preschool. Funny little home body.
 Nora enjoyed playing in the snow. It has a layer of ice on top, so it was funny to watch her take slow steps, crunching and sinking, crunching and sinking.
I didn't get any of Peter out there. He caught the flu right before the snow days, so he's been slowly on the mend since then. Benjamin has been getting all the snow time he can though.
One advantage to having sick children who want to nap all day (and not being sick myself!) was having a little free time to finish a painting that I was commissioned to do a long time ago. My friend who asked me to do it is funny and sweet and WAY too flexible, hence my putting it off for far too long. Her daughter's eighteenth birthday (and her husband being released as our bishop after five years) was finally my impetus to get it done, and to turn it into a gift.  I used oils, which is by far my favorite medium. The only problem is, I was constantly cleaning up rogue paint, since I have nowhere safe to do my thing. Someday...

4 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Yay for not being on your own anymore!!! That is a wonderful thing. I like your painting. :) Guess what? I'm getting some art supplies for my birthday! Can't wait to try them out.

Liz said...

SHUT UP. You did not paint that. That's amazing! And I'm not even surprised. Great job!

Glad Paul's home! I sure wish we lived closer to each other so we could hang when our hubs go out of town. And when they're in town, too! :-)

Stacy said...

You are so amazing. That is all :)

Becky Lowe said...

Good job, Sarah! Reminds me of the watercolor we have from Rachel of baby Michelle. Did you take this from a photograph the woman gave you? Is it of her 18-year-old daughter when she was little? I am proud of you!