Sunday, March 17, 2013

One Spring Day

Spring Break started on Friday. We had beautiful weather, but it was probably the best we'll see all week.
We took advantage of the unusual warmth (the previous day and the day after this we had flurries) by going to a nearby lake with friends.
Nora quickly figured out that hanging out in her undies worked much better for wading.
The kids all had fun collecting rocks....
...and digging....
...and finding "shark teeth"...
....and finding large pieces of drift wood, which they of course insisted on bringing home.
I have mixed feelings about the week ahead. I know I should focus my mental energies on building relationships and memories with my kids before the big, impending baby changes. It should be fun to have this down time with no schedules or places to be (other than my LAST doctor appointment!!!).
But I also wouldn't complain if the baby came a little early, and we just made that our Spring Break adventure instead. :) At my last growth ultrasound on Thursday, she measured roughly 8 lbs. 1 oz. I'd say she's done in there!

No comments: