Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Cuties

 Benjamin and Peter are really into St. Patrick's Day (maybe it's the red hair? or the fact that it's my Dad's birthday?), so I made them some little green ties to wear to church. I'm almost done with their Easter and summertime ties as well. I'm completely sold on this tutorial for making them. I love that they love to look like missionaries. Nora's had this green dress for a while. It was a second-hand find. I made her a simple shamrock bow for her hair.  Though she was happy with the bow, she definitely sensed that there was something different about how she was dressed.  Watching Daddy put on his St. Patty's Day tie she said, with a huge smile, "I too little for ties."

Benjamin was coming up with some pretty elaborate plans to catch a leprechaun all day. He thought if he took off every bit of green after church, then one would HAVE to come and pinch him and when it did, he could catch it. Peter took a more cautious approach, opting to help out with a box trap instead. He didn't want to get pinched, so he kept his green on all day.

No comments: