Thursday, December 13, 2012

'Tis the Season to be Jolly

 I guess with all that has been going on this season, blogging has fallen by the wayside. I love this time of year though. We hadn't been home two full days from our Thanksgiving trip when I started pulling out the Christmas decorations and getting things ready. It was fun to see the stockings I made last year again and laugh to myself that we haven't disposed of our tiny fake tree yet....I guess it isn't that bad, but I much prefer real.
This is my favorite nativity we have. It's a tiny clay one from Mexico that Paul and I picked up on our honeymoon. 
The kids have been really into Christmas music this year, so we play a children's Christmas station on Pandora. They especially love to dance around together.
I'm especially excited this year about a certain surprise that is happening on Christmas morning.  The kids have no idea, but Santa -- in lieu of presents this year -- is sending us on a plane to a place that starts with D and ends in isneyland. They'll have new suitcases packed and ready to go so we can just leave. I'm really hoping it goes over well...I have been in a purging mood lately, and had little motivation to get them any more toys than they already have. We've also been focusing a lot on giving this year, so in addition to drawing each others' names, we decided to sponsor a local family with two boys about the same ages as ours. I think it will be good.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That's so awesome! We just got back from that place, and we did the same thing. You know, except for that whole, doing it for Christmas and sponsoring a family which is way cooler!I hope you guys have fun! Merry Christmas!