Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sewing Projects

I finished a few sewing projects this weekend! One was a little dress that is quickly becoming too small for Nora. It was supposed to be a spring/summer dress for her, but now it just looks 70's retro with a turtleneck and leggings. I didn't use a pattern, so it certainly isn't perfect. But I learned a few things along the way. Nora loves stuffing the pockets with snacks or other random objects.
I found this tutorial a while ago on Pinterest, but finally decided to just get over my fear of patterns and try my hand at making little boy ties. I had a ton of fine ribbed red corduroy just sitting in my fabric stash, and decided it would make perfect little Christmas ties. Peter was especially excited for me to finish them so he could wear it. He even tried to wear his to preschool on his last day because he wanted to wear something Christmas-y.
 Now that I've made two, I'm excited to make more in different colors. They were actually pretty easy.
I just wish I'd finished them a few days earlier so that they could have made it into our Christmas cards. Aren't they cute in them?

2 comments:

Rachel Sorber said...

Yes. Very cute. Way to be creative and crafty!

Jeannine said...

Your kids are just so cute! And I love that they all match with those nice little ties. You're amazing. Especially since you were able to do those with no pattern! Very nicely done :)