Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yummies

I love pretty much everything about summer. I love how laid back it feels. I love waking up and not having a pressing schedule or any obligations. I love watching the kids play in the pool and soaking up a little sun. And I especially love all the good food that comes along with summer. I've been adding a few new recipes to our dinner rotation lately, and I thought a few of them were too good not to share. So try them! You'll be glad you did.

1. Mango Quinoa Salad
 I had this recently at Peter's preschool graduation party. I promptly went home, looked up the recipe and made it again. And again. It's even great as leftovers. So good, and so good for you!
Image via The Sister's Cafe
2. Navajo Tacos
To be fair, this one isn't new to us. We've been making them for a few years, but they are awesome. Could be something to do with that fry bread... :)
image via Recipe Shoebox

3. Chicken Souvlaki
I made this one last night, and it is the inspiration behind this post. SO delicious, even the kids cleaned their plates. And the best part was, the ingredients were all ones that I generally have on hand.
Image via Spring in Ohio

4. Shredded Beef Tacos
 This is one that Paul found and made for us (which of course earns it bonus points in my book). It's a crock pot recipe, so it's perfect for summer days when you don't want to heat up the house. I especially love these with a little homemade pico de gallo. Very, very good!
Image via My Kitchen Addiction

5. Honey Lime Salmon with Warm Black Bean and Spinach Salad
The picture shows it with chicken, but this was a dish meant for fish. It is one of the most beautiful combinations of flavors ever. Another meal you can feel completely virtuous about eating.
Image via Recipe Shoebox
So, what are some of your Summer favorites?

No comments: