Tuesday, March 20, 2012

An Easter Craft

I still don't have very many Easter decorations, even though this will be our family's eighth Easter. I guess I'm sort of picky, but mostly just cheap when it comes to seasonal things. So yesterday, I decided to try using what we had to make something fun: cheap watercolor paper, washable markers, and crayons. 
First we cut out some egg shapes using the watercolor paper, and made designs with markers. Than we dipped them in water...
They came out looking pastel-y and Easter-egg-ish. 
Then we let them dry. For some, we experimented with crayons before we dipped them in the water.
After they were dry, we just went back in with crayons for some details...






And that's it! I kind of like how they don't break, they don't take up table space, and they can be re-used year to year. Oh, and of course that they were free!

1 comment:

Becky Lowe said...

How clever. Looks like an Easter egg/candy hunt at our house when you were growing up.