Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Art Museum

We're off for Spring Break this week, so I thought I'd make the most of our time together by going to the Art Museum this morning. We really should go more, especially since it's free. 
Before we left, I read the kids the book "Look! Look! Look!" that I picked up at the library. I love Nancy Elizabeth Wallace books! They're a recent discovery for me. She does a fabulous job teaching many different subjects in a colorful, friendly narrative that kids enjoy reading.  
The boys really wanted to bring their notebooks so they could make sketches of what they saw. When we got there a little early, they sat outside to draw St. Louis on his horse.
 Benjamin was really studying him...
 ...and so was Peter. :)
 I was proud of them for how well behaved they were inside. Their favorite exhibit was probably the Egyptian mummies.
Here's a sampling of Peter's "sketches." 
 Benjamin mostly wanted to draw pictures of simple pottery, but he also drew this chair...
...and I was pretty impressed. 
 Nora rode in the stroller most of the time, but we got out now and then to get a closer look. She's pretty young still for this type of excursion, but I think she still enjoyed getting out of the house.
We'll definitely be going back soon!

1 comment:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

These little artists of yours! Quite impressive. Way to get to the art museum, and hooray for it being free!