Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nora Bora is One Year Old!

We've been in Utah a little over a week now, and we had a small celebration for Nora's first birthday here at Paul's parent's house. Her cousin Johnny turns one next week, so we'll have another joint celebration for the two one-year-olds when my family all gets together. It will be fun to see everyone again. I haven't seen my sister Rachel and her family now for two years! 
 
Grandma had a box of old stuffed animals that she let us rummage through. We each picked a Beanie Baby from the stash to give to Nora. Peter picked a frog, Benjamin gave her a pelican, I gave her this hedgehog, and Paul gave her a bee. I can't remember what this face was all about, because she loved all of them- and especially unwrapping. Grandma and Grandpa gave her the entire Peter Rabbit storybook set, which she probably won't appreciate for a little while, but I'm sure excited about them! They're such cute stories.
The "big" presents we gave her were this doll and a walker/stroller. She was so excited about these! It's still a little strange to have girly things around. We don't have much pink at our house.
She has already put her walker to good use, and has gotten considerably better at taking steps since we've been here. She loves scooting down the stairs into a standing position, then takes as many steps as she can into the middle of the room before falling down. She's not really into the game where she walks back and forth to Mommy and Daddy.
Grandma had this cute cake mold, so we made a pink teddy bear for her. Nora enjoyed tasting the frosting, but never really dug her hands in. She was probably being careful not to soil her dress like any good young lady should.
Benjamin likes to carry her around these days. After I took this picture, I had a little trip down memory lane when our 20+ lb. Nora was just a tiny 7 lb. 5 oz. Nora....
I'm a little sad to see her baby days go, although she does make a stinkin' cute toddler. We sure love our little girl!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Happy birthday, big girl! Love the cake. :-)

Rachel Sorber said...

AWWW! I can't wait to see those kids! Nora is absolutely adorable, and I am really looking forward to seeing her walk and play with that cute little pink baby. We have lots of pink babies and strollers around here--they're a must for little girls. Oh, I just can't wait!!! :) See you SOON!!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday, Nora! She's such a cutie. It was so great seeing you guys yesterday. You have such an adorable family!

Jeannine said...

Holy cow, I can't believe she's one! She's ridiculously adorable and I can't WAIT to see everyone together again! I just want to squish those cute little cheeks :)

Momo Cannon said...

She has been delightful to have around here. It was such fun to see her take those first steps!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Every picture is so great! I love that scrunched up face with the hedgehog. And the growth ratio of newborn Nora to 1 year old Nora compared to Benjamin is crazy-- you could say she's half his size now!

Does she love dolls? I'd love to see her with one. Funny thing about Johnny-- the toy he gets the most excited about is, yes, a baby doll. He is "soft" with her and "talks" to her.

I can't wait to get these two together. I think they'll be watching each other a lot, if not mauling. Woohoo! See you tomorrow!

Marliese said...

Wow, how can she be ONE already? What a doll...literally. She has the face of a precious baby doll, and her hair is just the perfect shade of red. Happy Birthday, Nora.