Saturday, July 30, 2011

Visits

We managed to squeeze in a few visits while we were in Utah to see grandparents, cousins and friends. Some were documented, others were not. It was great to get together with some of Paul's friends, who are all married now. I think that was the first of these get-togethers didn't last through mid night hours.
We had a few days with Paul's grandma, which was wonderful.
She is a remarkable woman. Here she is with us at the parade.
I made sure to go see my friend Stacy, who was was my neighbor
in the freshmen dorms. We recently got reacquainted through our
blogs, and I'm so glad we have. She's awesome!
I'm pretty sure we're the only two people from our dorm
with three kids. Her girls are adorable!
We also visited my Granda (Dad's side), and were lucky to
have my Aunt Kathy's visit coincide. 
This house has wonderful memories for me. 
I'm pretty sure I know where I got my short genes from!
These women are incredible!
We also visited my other grandparents (mom's side). My
Grandpa has always been so fun with kids!
They were excited to get acquainted with Nora. 
I'm starting to recognize more and more of my Grandma in me,
which has been fun. She has recently taken up oil painting,
and has a LOT to show for it! I really admire her.
Here's Benjamin on their rope swing. I remember playing
in their back yard as  a kid and how fun it was. I'm glad to
be able to share these memories now with my own kids! 

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I look confused in that picture. :) Thank so much for making time for me. It was so good to see you and your family! You guys are adorable! It looks like your vacation was amazing!