Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Toddler Bed Transition

Most kids by the time they're two or three learn how to climb out of their cribs, making the transition to a toddler bed necessary. My boys somehow never figured out that trick.
Benjamin was just ready to be a big boy from very early on, so he chose to make the switch...
...and Peter's decision was made for him when the crib broke, making it unusable. This crib was only three years old, and the kid who broke it was not even two years old. Yeah, the rail came off completely.
So now he's officially in his toddler bed. He's been great at staying in it and calling for me when he's done. We still have to work on getting the two boys to sleep in the same room; that's going to be a little trickier.
And after a little research, I found out this crib actually was recalled, so we'll get it replaced soon. I think I'll be looking for something a little sturdier this next time!

4 comments:

Momo Cannon said...

Congratulations to Peter on sleeping in a big boy bed!

Also, I am glad that you found out about the recall on the crib.

Liz said...

I think that's a big milestone. It's just awesome when they can do something that makes them feel so grown up.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Too bad about the crib-- it was cute! But I'm sure you'll find another cute one to replace it. And hooray for big boy Peter! Anna's the same-- she never figured out how to climb out of the crib and she stays in her bed until I come and get her. I wonder how long this will last for both of them?...

Marliese said...

I must be doing something wrong--my kids do NOT stay in their beds until I say they are "released." Nice work, Sarah and boys! :)