Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Girly Girl

I don't think I've ever been opposed to pink, but I'm definitely not what I consider to be a girly girl. I own very few pieces of jewelry or shoes, and I don't really get a thrill out of doing my makeup and hair. But it's been sort of an interesting shift now that I have my own little girl. Suddenly I find myself looking at jewelry and shoes and clothes more, and actually trying to figure out my style.
I've just started making little girly things for Nora. Today I made her a little bracelet and a few bows and headbands. I certainly don't think she needs any of it to look beautiful, but it's still fun to dress her up.
Two-month-old Nora is 11 pounds. She doesn't really care for pacifiers, but has found her hands to be pretty useful. She is getting to be less of a snuggler, and likes to be carried facing out. She holds herself up really well, and enjoys standing up on our laps and smiling at us. She doesn't like her bouncer as much as her swing, and car rides no longer lull her to sleep. And last Sunday morning we had our first "so this is what it's like to have three kids" moment, when it seemed like the whole world had collapsed to a chorus of three wailing children. There's no question that three is intense, but it truly is rewarding, full of precious smiles and delightful surprises (especially from Benjamin who is always trying to help out.)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!! She is adorable...makes me really miss having a baby girl. And maybe it's just the lighting, but her hair looks red...so fun!

Emily said...

what a sweetie! She looks like her mama!

Rachel Sorber said...

Oh, I can relate to that girly girl thing! Incidentally, even though my whole house is a pink explosion, I still don't own much jewelry and I have very few shoes. Nora is adorable, and pink suits her very well. Have fun discovering your feminine side some more...

Stacy said...

Going from 2 to 3 is like going from a man to man defense to a zone. ;) She looks adorable. Dressing up girls is so much fun!

Melanie said...

I love it!

I'm really in the same boat as you with this whole, raising a girl thing. I really want Leah to embrace all that's fun about being a girl, in a totally non-high maintenance way.

Prior to having Leah it wasn't stuff I naturally gravitated towards. Now, I care just a little bit more. And I think that's okay.

Momo Cannon said...

It is fun having a girl and she is adorable! See you all tomorrow! Jan

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aww. :) Sweet Baby Nora. She is changing so much!

...So does this mean you're painting toe nails again?

Becky Lowe said...

Cute headband! And bracelet. She certainly is growing up fast and is so pretty. I'm glad you're enjoying having a girl!