Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Have I mentioned lately how much I love having family nearby? It's awesome. Paul's sister Katie came down from Nauvoo for Labor Day Weekend, and we all had a blast together. We had Sunday dinner and played games after the kids were in bed.
We headed to the Zoo on Monday morning. It was perfect weather and we were early enough to avoid the crowds. Here's the girls.
And the guys.
The animals were great performers. We had rhinos charging and kissing, a dancing baby elephant, splashing hippos, penguins eating fish, and a shaggy bear that was running in circles.
Oh, and there was also a lion napping up in a tree. It got up for this picture.
The boys sure love their Aunt Katie!
And of course we ended the weekend with a Barbecue. It was a perfect weekend!

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Such cute pictures of Benjamin with the fish and Peter with the... turtle? I like your plates! And I'm so happy for you for having family close by. It really is the best.

Liz said...

You lucky girl. And I love that tiny BBQ!

Momo Cannon said...

Of course I am jealous of you all being together but I'm glad you had a fun time! I am really looking forward to seeing you all in less than two weeks!