Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We Were Wrong...

So on our way to the ultrasound, we asked Benjamin how he'd feel about the possibility having a little sister. He would not even consider the idea and said he didn't like girls. When the doctor asked him what he thought the baby on the screen was he said, "It's a snake."

But in very clear terms, my doctor pointed out that this was most definitely a little girl! She's really active too. I feel her kicking almost every time I lie down, and Paul's even felt her little kick too. It's still very strange...I don't know what to do with girls, but it's sinking in. We're really excited about having a little girl in the family, and Benjamin is even starting to warm up to the idea. :)

On Saturday it was really warm, so we headed over to the zoo. We were in the reptile house when I told Paul I just saw our future. And by that I mean I saw a family with two older red-headed little boys and a brown-haired baby sister in the stroller. So part of the equation was right. I guess we'll see if I was right about the hair color in a few months!

19 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love it! I laughed so hard at the snake comment. And she needs to be active--she's getting an early start to keeping up with her big brothers!

Liz said...

Yea for girls! Every girl needs at least one baby girl. That's so fun! Any names picked out yet?

Sarah said...

Oh yeah! My guess would have been a girl. Girls are so fun. Hooray! Congrats!

Danielle said...

How fun!

We find out what we're having (hopefully) on Thursday! Can't wait!

Stacy said...

Yea! We love girls in our house! They're great :) Congratulations!!

Jenny said...

What a great thing! Congratulations!

Thora said...

Congratulations! I have to admit, after two girls, I was ready for a boy (but...we're having a girl). Not that there's anything wrong with girls - I love mine. More that I was worried that we'd never have a boy. So now you know you'll for sure have both sexes. Not that this has been keeping you up at night or anything, but still...

By the way, I didn't post before, because I'm horrible at commenting, but I love the Valentine's Art projects you did - especially the ones hanging from the chandelier.

Karey said...

Yay for little girls! How exciting!

Lara said...

Congratulations on the exciting news!

Melanie said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! PINK PINK PINK!

When we had Leah, I was fairly adamant that she would have more than just pink clothes and she did. I remember once I had her in a pink shirt and one of my friends said, "It's about time I saw this girl in pink."

Sarah said...

And on a completely random note...how do you know Lara and Karey? I have a friend here who is Lara's sister and I have seen Karey comment on her blog too (sis in law???). Just curious :)

merathon said...

hooray for girls! of course, i've got little girls all figured out. . . yeah, i wish!

i was the same as melanie-- when i was pregnant the first time around, i specifically told my friends that if i had a girl, i did NOT want them buying any pink outfits! my girls all wear many different colors, but i've actually warmed up to pink over the past seven years-- they all look so cute in it!

Momo Cannon said...

We are so excited! You will love having a little girl. And we will love it too!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!! A girl is just what your boys need. They will just adore her.

Becky Lowe said...

Can't wait to see this cute little baby Cannon of the female variety. She's sure to be a doll!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

A snake?!! Eww, that makes me squirm. Can you even imagine how awful that would be? :)

You having a girl is just plain awesome. It's time. And Ben and Pete will be very good big brothers, no matter what they (Ben) think about this girl business now. Hooray!!

Marliese said...

Congrats! Little girls are great. Better start making hair bows now.... Fun, stuff!

alexandra said...

Consider yourselves blessed! (what do you mean you don't knowwhat to do with a girl? you *are* a girl!!) And blessed again if she is a tiny carrot top, too! I love red hair. And daughters.

Calley said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so excited for you! And please, a red headed girl if you can. They are the cutest. But whatever color of hair she has, I GUESS she'll do :) Congrats!