Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Decor

One of my favorite Valentine's decorations I've ever seen is at my good friend's house. She has kids almost my age, and has traveled all over the world. She's collected various heart ornaments through the years and each Valentine's day she hangs the collection from her chandelier. So last year, inspired by her, I turned some of Benjamin's art projects into hearts to hang from our chandelier. I ended up throwing them away after February was over, so this year I decided to make my own little ornaments that I can use from year to year. I had some self-hardening clay sitting around, so I made some hearts and painted paper heart doily-inspired designs on them. It took a while, but I like them.
Now to get more ribbon so half of them aren't hanging from sparkly pipe cleaners!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I am always in awe of your artistic prowess. These are beautiful! Good job.

Melanie said...

Those look so great! And may I also mention how much I love your light fixture?

merathon said...

loving all your decorations-- maybe one year i'll muster up the strength to make some of my own!

Sarah said...

What a great idea! I'll have to keep it in mind for future holidays!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love how those turned out! You'll be excited for Valentines Day to come way in advance now just to put them up, won't you?

Marliese said...

Love these...you're so crafty!