Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Boys

Peter has been changing a lot this month. He used to eat anything and everything we put in front of him, but now he has to be incentivized to consume food (i.e. bits of food must transform into trucks and helicopters and have the appropriate sound effect...that, or it has to taste like junk food). He has also started tantruming already, which seems early to me. I found a picture of Benjamin at about the same age. It's funny how much perspective can change. I really thought he was such a big boy here.
But Peter also enjoys Benjamin's company now rather than just tolerating it. Yesterday, they played on their own together for much of the day, and I even heard quite a bit of laughing! I love that my baby is becoming a big boy.

7 comments:

Katie Cannon said...

that is so sweet. How exciting it's still crazy to me that Peter walks all over the place. what cute boys you have. I love them! I also love you sarah! thank you for always having posts for me to read I always look forward to them.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Oh Peter. :) I love these snow suit pictures. Of course one is Peter and the other is Benjamin, but boy do they look alike! It makes me think your next child, girl or boy, must also have red hair and blue eyes and be chunky soft. It's just what you do!

It is amazing to me that they can just play together for much of a day. Maybe that's what having a brother is all about, at least at their ages!

Mirien said...

Tantrums? Hayley started those early, too. I just like to think she's advanced. :) Getting those terrible twos out of the way early. To me it seems to happen when they are old enough to know exactly what they want but not quite verbal enough to get their point across. We just try not to laugh--it's hard.

Marliese said...

That is the best--when your offspring get along and play well together. How awesome for you.

And what beautiful red walls you have.

Momo Cannon said...

It is amazing how much alike they look, although I know they are totally unique in other ways! It is interesting that Peter is showing definate food preferences, kids really are different from each other and just when you think you have this parenting thing "down" you have a child that proves you don't. Best of luck!

Abigail said...

EWWWWW!!! (squealing) I'm so excited to be the favorite aunt! I don't think we have made the announcement official but we just sent in the acceptance to Browne School yesterday. It's going to be awesome to really get to know these little guys. I love you so much Sarah, thank you for your example and good mom-ness.

Sarah said...

Wow, they really do look so much alike! And I also LOVE that my kids are starting to enjoy being with each other. So nice!

Don't you have your ultrasound soon? I came, hoping you had found out what you were having...maybe this week??? Anyway, so excited for you!