Friday, August 08, 2008

Daddy Song

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be!

Clap my hands and shout for joy and climb upon his knee,

Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this,

Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great, big kiss!

Benjamin sure loves his Daddy! There have been phases where Paul has to re-win his affections every day after work, but these days, Benjamin is all about Daddy.

If you're wondering if this is Benjamin's normal wardrobe these days, the answer is yes and no. He is very good at keeping his clothes on throughout the day, but now that we have frequent potty visits, we have a lot of naked time in between. He did great today! He kept his diaper dry all morning and most of the afternoon! I'm learning to remind him constantly, and he's starting to become more aware of when he needs to go before it's too late. I'm proud of him. He really is growing up!

4 comments:

Susie and Jay Larson said...

That was the cutest movie I have seen in a while! That could win contests! James liked watching it too. Good job with the potty training and big boy bed. We are in the thinking about it stage and we got a toddler bed at a garage sale. I also liked your family photo with the daisies. Good blog

Momo Cannon said...

Just loved the movie! Seeing him in his diaper reminded me of his Dad at that age -- and beyond -- when all he wanted to wear was his underoos! Good luck with the potty training, too. Love, Grandma C

Rachel Sorber said...

So cute! I can't believe how good he is at remembering songs and lyrics--no prompting, either! What a big boy! :)

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Benjamin, you rock, kid! What a great movie. We watched it again and again.